Arrivals and Departures
Flavours Cookery School recognises the importance of having robust systems in place to ensure the safe arrival and departure of the children in our care.
The manager will ensure that an accurate record is kept of all children in the Cookery School, and that any arrivals or departures are recorded in the register. The register is kept in an accessible location on the premises at all times. In addition we conduct regular headcounts during the session.
Escorting children to the Cookery School
- The Cookery School have a clear agreement concerning the transfer of responsibility for children’s safety.
- Children must be dropped off at the Cookery School by a parent/guardian and must stay with them until they have been signed in on the register.
Our staff will greet each child warmly on their arrival at the Cookery School and will record the child’s attendance in the daily register straightaway, including the time of arrival.
- Staff will ensure that parents or carers sign children out before they leave, including the time of collection.
- Children are collected by an adult who has been authorised to do so on their registration form.
- In exceptional circumstances, if the parent requires another person who is not listed on the registration form to collect their child, the child’s parents or carers must inform the Cookery School in advance and provide a description of the person and a password that they will use. If the manager has any concerns regarding the person collecting he/she will contact the main parent or carer for confirmation.
- The parent or carer must notify the Cookery School if they will be late collecting their child. If the Cookery School is not informed, the Uncollected Children policy will be followed.
- Children will not be allowed to leave the Cookery School unaccompanied.
- If a child is going to be absent from a session, parents must notify the Cookery School in advance.
- If a child is absent without explanation, staff will contact the parents or carers and the school to check where the child should be. If staff still have concerns about the child’s whereabouts after attempts to contact the parents and the school the manager will contact the police.
- The Cookery School will try to discover the causes of prolonged and unexplained absences. Regular absences could indicate that a child or their family might need additional support.
|This policy was adopted by: Flavours Cookery School ||Date: 15th August 2019|
|To be reviewed: August 2020||Signed: Carolyn Glover and Louise Sells|
Written in accordance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017): Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements: Safety and suitability of premises, environment and equipment [3.62, 3.64]; and Information and records [3.76]